Technical Support Engineer - £24-£26k - Mobile - London
This client’s vision is to help organisations embrace mobile technologies so they can engage better with their customers in the digital world. With deployments in 60 countries, processing billions of digital touch points per month, they are a trusted cloud software and solutions provider to blue-chip businesses around the world. Organisations are faced with barriers and complexities when trying to transform how they engage with their customers in the world of digital communications and they are at the forefront of all that is hot in technology, from social media to artificial intelligence. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most innovative digital solutions on the market.
How can you expect to spend your day?
- Acting as first point of contact to receive, prioritise and record all incoming IT Service Desk requests; taking ownership of user problems and progressing to resolution in a timely manner
- Undertaking troubleshooting of IT related problems to include: Software related issues; new equipment roll-out; basic installation, configuration and support of IT equipment; new user creation
- Ensure all support incidents are dealt with in a timely manner both meeting and exceeding business expectation.
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledge base
- Demonstrate a commitment to deliver excellent customer service.
- Awareness of importance of accuracy, data integrity and of adhering to procedures
- Ability to manage expectations, deal with complaints and improve customer service
- Works with the Infrastructure & Security team to identify and remedial vulnerabilities in production and corporate systems.
- Configuration of company assets to include: laptops, PC's and mobile phones; Maintaining and controlling appropriate logs of equipment and assigned users.
- Support to the UK offices will require occasional travel between High Wycombe, London, Westbury, Chester, Malvern.
- Kaspersky Administration (AV updates, Lockdown policies)
- Travel to Wycombe office once a week.
- Administering WSUS.
- Talking to suppliers and ordering equipment
Ideal candidate's skills and qualifications:
The ideal Technical Support Engineer will provide excellent desktop support for the Europe and US offices. This client is interested in you because you’re you and they’re pretty flexible, but there are some things that they feel really strongly about…
- Excellent Communication – You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly as well as offer critique to those around you
- Curiosity – A spirit of inquiry and a desire to understand; why?
- Passion – Real enthusiasm and excitement for the industry and sector
- Wit – Inventive thought and quick understanding
- Teamwork – Great things are delivered by great teams, and their teams are made up of great people
Must Haves -
- Experience of providing 1st/2nd Line Support
- 2-3 years working in IT Support and Windows stack
- Hardware/Software Support
- Laptop Repairs/Desktop Builds
- Windows Operating Systems (7, 10) & Mac OS X
- MS Office Suite / Office 365
- Possess fantastic customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn new technologies
Nice to Haves –
- Qualified to Higher Education level or equivalent is desirable with a preference for IT-related studies or comparable
- MCP, CompTIA A+ would be advantageous
- Imaging Desktop, Laptops, Tablets with SCCM, WDS, Ghost, Clonezilla.
- Remote support via Lync,Skype, Teamviewer Etc.
- Corporate wireless systems, Video Conferecing
- Apple hardware and OS, Android/windows/Apple phones and tablets.
- Active Directory (User Creation, Assign Groups, Mailbox) Server Admin - Windows Server 2008/2012