Executive Assistant - Private Equity - £35-£40k - London
Our client has an opportunity for an executive assistant (EA) to join their team. You will be an experienced EA, PA or team assistant with a proven track record managing diaries, typing minutes & organising complex travel for senior level leaders. If you have experience compiling briefing packs & working closely with executive teams this would be advantageous. Ideally you will have worked for a professional services firm, banking, consulting or tech company.
It’s important you can work efficiently and have an eye for detail; you will also be good at organising your own time to keep on top of a busy workload. You will be comfortable liaising with senior people and have a professional communication style.
In addition to working with the senior team, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in organising team events, scheduling training & development workshops and supporting with a range of operations activities. You will also be the key point of contact for their offices in Angel, liaising with the team there to ensure everything runs smoothly.
You will be a confident user of Microsoft packages and have a good standard of written & verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly organised and be able to work independently without close supervision.
In return, our client will offer a competitive rate of pay and a high degree of flexibility with hours and location. This EA role will be based at the team HQ for at least part of the week, and our client is able to offer some home-based working for the right candidate once induction is completed.
What might a typical day include?
- Phoned CEO first thing to update him on the week ahead, picking out any diary conflicts & checking what additional support might be required
- Dealt with incoming meeting requests for two senior leaders; figuring out what to accept and sending a polite rescheduling request to the remainder
- Liaised with director to set up complex 3-day workshop involving a series of external clients & 3rd parties; booking meeting rooms, coordinating with PA’s & EA’s at the clients and sending a final confirmation once completed
- Booked a trip for two staff members to Brussels; securing flights, organising transfers and providing options for accommodation. Once confirmed, everything added to diaries & briefing packs (with boarding passes) printed & posted to each person
- Attended strategy meeting to take minutes and actions, everything written up & circulated by end of day; diarised to chase in 1 week to see what progress has been made
- Caught up with on-site facilities manager to discuss hiring boardroom for upcoming company meeting.