Marketing Specialist - Talent & Speaker Agency -£28k-£32k - London
Our client is a leading international speaker agency and consultancy that recommends speakers and talent for corporate events around the world. Their client base is made up of globally recognisable brands, public sector organisations, event agencies, marketing and PR companies, charities and associations. Essentially, they work with anyone involved in events! (Conferences, dinners, award ceremonies, launches, etc.)
Their hard-working, vibrant and close-knit team is a big operation, and their success as a company comes from every member playing an integral role in developing the business. As they're expanding rapidly, they are looking for high-calibre, enthusiastic and self-motivated people to join them. (And it's a bonus if you're partial to cake.)
The ideal candidate will be that special blend of outgoing, creative, analytical, self-driven and a strong team player. You should have broad interests and be up-to-date with current affairs and world events, as the speakers and talent that they supply to clients hail from a wide range of backgrounds, including politics, sport, business, television, and comedy. You should also have the confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-moving environment and be motivated by making a difference to a small- to medium-sized business.
Let us give you a flavour of the role:
A job with our client throws up new challenges every day. Key responsibilities of the new Marketing Specialist will encompass the below, but if the right candidate has a high level of specialism in some areas, and less in others, they will still be considered. There is also scope to develop the role by identifying opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop.
- While we know you’ll be a creative, we also want you to be excited about spreadsheets
- You’ll need to be able to strategically analyse different sources of data to help map out and grow their current marketing strategy
- The client likes to keep an eye on the facts and figures, so ideally you’ll have a strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- You’ll constantly be on the lookout for the latest marketing trends and exciting routes for their busy little team to explore
- They’re big on style, and they’ll want you to contribute and shape the tone and messages of both their internal and external communications
- You’ll need to be hawk-eyed for detail when it comes to copy-writing and proof-reading
- Their CMS is integral to the maintenance of their website, so you will be comfortable using one
- You’ll be required to contribute to their buzzing social platforms on a daily basis
- While they’re a close-knit team, they’re also after a leader and someone who can project manage using their own initiative
- They’d like you to have a knowledge of Photoshop (or if you don’t know your paint bucket from your patch tool yet, then a strong willingness to learn)
Be aware that they are a small but dynamic team, so you really will have to be a ‘yes-person’. Whether chatting to clients at events, spotting a rogue comma, or delivering your gourmet critiquing skills to their annual mince pie tasting competition, they will want you to bring your best. If you think you’re up for the challenge, then they’d love to meet you.
So, what are the key requirements that you need for the role?
- You’ll need to be a self-starter, with bucket-loads of motivation, diligence and drive
- You’ll find joy in being meticulous to detail - syntax and synonyms are your thing
- They’d love you to understand SEO and to only publish the most interesting content on their busy social channels
- You’ll need to love reading all the latest articles and researching trends. Not only are you up to date on popular culture and world affairs, but you’re not afraid to share it
- You should be data-driven and show a keen interest and understanding of analytics
- You know how to carry out a winning customer research project
- You’ll need to be an excellent copy writer, comfortable with snappy blog titles and stunning long-form prose
- You’re interested in questioning the status quo - they love to be kept on their toes, so it helps if you’re up for a challenge
- You’re driven to make a difference
- Ideally, they want an experienced marketer, so if you reach the interview stage, they’ll want you to really show off your stuff