Design Consultant - Luxury Retail - £28-£30k OTE - London
Our client oozes luxury and class and has five showrooms across London; Swiss Cottage, Islington, Fulham,
Kingston and West End. The team works as one team across all locations.
Our client is a global brand who utilise their showrooms to showcase high-end furniture to their clientele. They pride themselves on the highest level of customer service offering advice on interior design,
space planning and general advice to make sure every need is met. Their team tend to be made up of individuals which are trained in the industry ie. Interior design, furniture design, architecture, textiles and other creative industries. So having a background in one of these would be beneficial.
The successful candidates would be expected to work in all five showrooms as required they are looking to hire two Design Consultants and they are very interested in anyone based near Kingston for one of these positions to potentially work solely in that location.
You would need to be available to work any of the 7 days per week. Weekend work is regular and an important part of the role. Showrooms open 10am – 6pm Monday – Saturday with reduced opening hours of 11am – 5pm on Sunday.
The basic salary is £18,000 however this is supplemented by a generous OTE that is regularly met and is paid monthly. Further to this there are weekly bonuses in place which can be earned by the whole team should sales targets be met. Commission is not capped. Many roles will talk about OTE that is unachievable yet our client states these are usually easily met with million pound months not unheard of.
What they are looking for?
Our client is looking for a bright, intelligent and enthusiastic candidate to join they’re already well established team. Candidates should be very personable, confident and enthusiastic with an interest in interiors etc.
Ideally candidates should have a background in luxury sales or customer facing roles. Candidates with qualifications in interiors or similar are preferable but not a necessity. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound administration and IT competence.
Candidates with experience in design programmes such as Sketch up would also be seen as a bonus.
How the successful candidate could expect to spend their day?
- Promoting and selling our client’s extensive range of furniture
- Supporting the showroom manager in the day to day management of the showroom
- Advising customers based on their furniture requirements, utilising showroom stock, brochures and
other marketing materials, discussing range, configurations and fabric options. In addition to this candidates would propose alternatives to stock such as custom ordered items based on aesthetic requirements and customer needs.
- Creating quotations, sales receipts and delivery notes for all enquiries and sales. Paperwork should be correctly filled and entered within our sales order system. An attention to detail and daily checklists are required for all orders to ensure delays and errors are minimised.
- Following up customers on retail sales leads generated through our website, direct mail and showroom visits to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Ensure the showroom, office and ancillary areas are clean, tidy and well stocked with brochures, marketing material and samples where appropriate.
- Ensuring there is a sales presence in the showroom at all times and customers are attended to and assisted. This will include weekend work and also may include early evening work as required.
- Ensuring all stock is correctly labelled and priced and such changed in accordance to promotional activity.
- Liaising with the logistics and warehouse team to ensure all deliveries are arranged correctly