A business development agency helping creative agencies get new clients and grow. They work with PR, digital, marketing and design agencies that want new brands on their client list.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
– Developing a deep understanding of marketing and the way brands reach out to their consumers
– Working with a number of different marketing & creative agencies
– Contacting brands on behalf of the agencies you are representing
– Developing your own style and approach on the phone and via email as these are the tools of the trade
– Learning sales techniques to help you arrange (really good) meetings for your agencies
– Support agencies with their sales and marketing activity
– Researching brands and contacts before making an approach
– Sharing and making use of insights from trade press and the team
The learning curve is steep but if you want to gain an invaluable understanding of this very competitive industry then this is a fantastic opportunity. Successful candidates get training and support from senior members of the team to make sure everything is on track.
The Ideal Candidate
– This client will only employ degree-educated individuals who are interested in marketing and brands/products
– Must have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, as a large amount of the work you do will be over email and telephone
– A friendly and professional demeanour
– Comfortable voicing opinions in front of clients and chasing for things when needed.
– Showcase a strong understanding of your clients’ offering and USPs in calls and emails.
– Confident manner, good pace and friendly, professional tone on calls.
– Ability to listen and respond appropriately—Objection handling.
– Ability to close – asking for meetings and not just gathering info.
– Ability to probe for information from other contacts and then use this info in approaches to the key contacts.
– Generally speaking, this client will only consider candidates with at least one year’s office experience
– Experience working in sales can be valuable however they are not looking for a stereotypical sales person
– If you have worked in charity fundraising, estate agency, recruitment or event sales, but would like to work in a more creative environment, this role would be ideal for you
– If you’ve worked as an Account Exec in an agency but are looking for more responsibility you’d also be a great fit